Deadline: 18 May 2022
A local NGO in Masvingo province is seeking the services of a consultant to assist in developing tools for risk mitigation. Interested candidates should submit their bids no later than 18 May 2022 as per the Terms of Reference. The organisation is currently implementing a project that seeks to strengthen and sustain sensitive initiatives by local human rights organizations. In order to achieve this, the organisation use four interventions which are capacity building, information dissemination, provision of youth friendly interface platforms as well as advocacy and lobbying. The Organisation is inspired by the values to respect human rights and the desire to build sustainable peace and development.
Objectives of the Human Rights and Risk Mitigation Training
The human rights and risk mitigation training shall have the following objectives:
- To assist staff and researchers to develop tools for risk mitigation
- To assist staff and researchers avoid and reduce major disruptions caused by lack of preparedness or awareness.
- To improve the understanding and knowledge of the staff and researchers of risk mitigation tools helps to identify and locate any potential threats in advance and anticipate them.
Scope of the work:
- Develop a pre-test on the understanding of participants on risk mitigation
- Take the participants through the various risk mitigation tools and applications they can
use to track and record conflicts and social accountability issues in their communities.
- Conduct an evaluation on the understanding of the participants after the training.
- Design a manual that is easier for CIASA staff members to cascade training to community members
The Consultant is expected to meet the following deliverables:
- To train the CIASA staff members and researchers on risk mitigation.
- Develop simple risk mitigation training manual, including the agenda for the workshop (Develop activities, worksheets (tools) and reference sheets in line with the identified themes and expected results and content for reference sheets/additional resources.
- A period of 2 weeks to develop risk mitigation training manual and tools.
- 1 day training with CIASA staff members.
- 1 day training with researchers
Budget: Consultants are expected to submit their proposed budget and budgets will be assessed on a competitive basis.
Payment: Payment will be made upon satisfactory completion of deliverables.
Technical requirements for bidders:
Prospective bidders should possess the following technical skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in human rights and risk mitigation or relevant field.
- Experience in facilitating human rights and digital security capacity building processes.
- Good communication skills and the ability to present technical jargon in an understandable way.
Applications (in English) must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 18 May 2022 and contain the following elements:
A cover letter outlining motivation and summarizing relevant experience; Curriculum Vitae with full description of the applicant’s profile and experience; proposed budget; contact details for at least three independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience.