An empowered society with women and girls completely enjoying all their rights across the political, social, cultural, economic and environmental spectrum.
To protect, develop and empower women and girls in their diversity for the full realization and enjoyment of rights by all.
Statement of Desired Impact
Guided by this vision and the Statement of Founders’ Intent, each day the CIASA strives to make a significant and positive impact in Southern Africa and beyond. CIASA tackles large, important issues at a scale where it believes it can make significant and measurable impacts. CIASA knows that the ability to take risks and make long-term and relatively large commitments allows us to undertake challenges not accessible to many other organizations. CIASA envisions to see an empowered society with women and girls fully enjoy all their rights across the political, social, cultural, economic and environmental spectrum.
The following core values reflect the character and beliefs of CIASA and guide the organization’s work.
- Impact – CIASA strive to achieve large-scale, enduring impact.
- Investing on a sufficient scale to make a difference on important issues.
- Taking the long view, staying the course and persisting.
- Seeking to create durable, not temporary, change.
- Taking calculated risks and supporting new ideas for significant change.
- Focusing on root causes, not symptoms, to create systemic change.
- Integrity – CIASA holds itself accountable to the founders’ ideals and aspirations.
- Carrying out its work with uncompromising integrity and committing to the highest standards of conduct.
- Communicating honestly, clearly and in a timely manner.
- Using the resources entrusted to the organization responsibly.
- Holding itself to the same standards the organizations ask of others.
- Disciplined Approach – CIASA takes a systematic, evidence-based approach.
- Developing and implementing, evidence-based, well-vetted theories of change.
- Testing its assumptions and challenging its thinking; the organization adaptively manage to address changing conditions.
- Evaluating its impact, learning and improving, the organization establish outcomes which it can measure using both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Consistently implementing full cycles of planning, execution, evaluation and improvement, the organization learns from both its successes and failures.
- Staying well informed and making decisions on the basis of knowledge, analysis, external input and objective due diligence.
- Collaboration – CIASA collaborates with respect and purpose.
- Recognizing that its impact is achieved through the efforts of its initiatives and others.
- Working with others, respecting their ideas, values and time.
- Listening to varying points of view, including those that may differ from our own.
- Gathering and incorporating the best thinking into CIASA work.
- Respectfully challenging ourselves and our partners to strengthen our collective thinking.
- Fostering collaboration when we can create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
we strive to include all women in our program. We also believe that government systems, ministries public spaces economic social and political spaces and processes should be inclusive
- Gender equality
We believe in equal opportunities for all in terms of access to resources and opportunities. Were inequalities have prevailed for a long-time gender equity has to redress those gaps.
- Transparency and Accountability
We strive to be transparent and accountable to our partners, beneficiaries to all stakeholders that we work with. By following all governance and accountability systems and international best practices. We also believe in the same from the public officials and government in general in the provisions of the rights of women.
We are bound by policies and guided by the value that information discloses to us and information of the women that we work with unless specified otherwise should be treated with confidentiality
- Human Rights
We respect human rights and the equality of human being and the inherent dignity that humans have and believe these human rights are indivisible and interdependent
We believe in working as a team hence we believe in working with different partners and stakeholders to realize results. We have different strength experience and exposure because we are a learning organization, we value team work.